Our researcher laboratories are located at two sites on the Vancouver General Hospital campus; the Jack Bell Research Centre and the Vancouver Coastal Health Research Pavilion.
Resources and ideas are shared freely within the IIRC group and a number of core facilities are available to all of our members. Many of these facilities are also available at cost to members of the larger research community.
- Biological Safety Cabinet – Booking Calendar
- BD FACSCalibur – Booking Calendar – Protocol
- Zeiss Axioplan 2 Imaging Microscope – Booking Calendar – Protocol
Protein / Lipid Analysis
- MTX 150 Benchtop Ultracentrifuge – Booking Calendar
- Li-Cor Odyssey – Booking Calendar
- Radioisotope Workroom – Booking Calendar
- AKTA pure chromatography system – Booking Calendar
The AKTA use log is on the network:
Antibody Engineering Facility
Recently, the IIRC has launched an Antibody Engineering Core Facility at the Jack Bell Research Centre. The facility provides antibody engineering services with single-chain antibodies, which can be selected and produced against proteins, peptides, and haptens, such as cell wall components. More information can be found HERE.