Our researcher laboratories are located at four sites on the Vancouver General Hospital campus; the Jack Bell Research Centre, the Vancouver Coastal Health Research Pavilion, Heather Pavilion East, and the BC Centre for Disease Control.
Resources and ideas are shared freely within the IIRC group and a number of core facilities are available to all of our members. Many of these facilities are also available at cost to members of the larger research community.
- BD FACSCalibur – Booking Calendar – Protocol
- Zeiss Axioplan 2 Imaging Microscope – Booking Calendar – Protocol
Protein / Lipid Analysis
- L8M Ultra Centrifuge – Booking Calendar (Contact Research Manager for Login)
- MTX 150 Benchtop Ultracentrifuge – Booking Calendar
- Li-Cor Odyssey – Booking Calendar
- Radioisotope Workroom – Booking Calendar
- AKTA pure chromatography system – Booking Calendar
The AKTA use log is on the network:
Antibody Engineering Facility
Recently, the IIRC has launched an Antibody Engineering Core Facility at the Jack Bell Research Centre. The facility provides antibody engineering services with single-chain antibodies, which can be selected and produced against proteins, peptides, and haptens, such as cell wall components. More information can be found HERE.
IIRC members have access to expertise and administration support regarding:
- Facilities management
- Laboratory/Work safety
- Travel reimbursement
- Payment processing
Contact the IIRC Research Coordinater – Marilyn Robertson, firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information.